Friday, October 24, 2008

Kids say the funniest things


It always makes me smile to hear some of the funny things that come out of Brooke’s mouth. Yesterday, Brooke received a balloon at Kroger. As we walked to the car, she held onto it tight so it wouldn‘t blow away. I put Andrew in the car first, so Brooke was struggling a bit with the balloon to keep it steady. It was a breezy day so that added to the challenge. After a few minutes of fighting with the balloon, she suddenly blurts out, “This is RIDICULOUS!” I laughed so hard because that is a famous phrase of mine…but appropriate for the moment nonetheless.

Last week, Brooke and I were walking down the stairs. Andrew saw Brooke coming and got a big grin on his face. Then Brooke sees Andrew and says, “HELLO, STUD!” That is one of her daddy’s favorite sayings when he talks to himself each morning...LOL!

Our daily doses of Brooke sayings are, “These shoes are killing me”…why yes, I am sure the stride rite flats are tough on the feet. And over the summer “these mosquito bites are killing me”….now that one I can believe a little more.

No comments: