Life with a 1 and 2 year old has its ups and downs. A lot of my day is comprised of dressing my kids, finding shoes, changing diapers, changing more diapers, making breakfast, cleaning up after breakfast, making lunch, cleaning up after lunch, making dinner, cleaning again and again and again. And then there are the fights, the biting, the tantrums (but that's enough about my husband...LOL!). But then there are those moments that make all of the hard work so worth it. The moments where I actually cry because it’s so overwhelming to me. I know that sounds silly but sometimes I can’t help myself. Like today, we were driving to the YMCA which is our favorite morning destination. As I looked in my rearview mirror, Brooke and Andrew were sitting in their car seats and I saw Brooke reach over for Andrew’s hand. I did a double take because my first instinct was she was moving in for the kill; but no, she was actually reaching for his hand to hold it. He glanced over at her because he had to make sure it was a loving gesture too. And when he realized it was he got a big grin on his face. They must have held hands for a minute or so just smiling at each other. Those are the moments of my life that I cherish.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Those Special Moments
Life with a 1 and 2 year old has its ups and downs. A lot of my day is comprised of dressing my kids, finding shoes, changing diapers, changing more diapers, making breakfast, cleaning up after breakfast, making lunch, cleaning up after lunch, making dinner, cleaning again and again and again. And then there are the fights, the biting, the tantrums (but that's enough about my husband...LOL!). But then there are those moments that make all of the hard work so worth it. The moments where I actually cry because it’s so overwhelming to me. I know that sounds silly but sometimes I can’t help myself. Like today, we were driving to the YMCA which is our favorite morning destination. As I looked in my rearview mirror, Brooke and Andrew were sitting in their car seats and I saw Brooke reach over for Andrew’s hand. I did a double take because my first instinct was she was moving in for the kill; but no, she was actually reaching for his hand to hold it. He glanced over at her because he had to make sure it was a loving gesture too. And when he realized it was he got a big grin on his face. They must have held hands for a minute or so just smiling at each other. Those are the moments of my life that I cherish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment